Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ja-makin-me Hungry...

Hey Maun,

Well my friend Brandon and I tried out a dive in Arlington for lunch today - Jamaica Gates. I love holiday vacation and no schedule! I stumbled upon the lunch buffet and while a buffet can be a hit or miss, this turned out to be a great option because I got to sample various dishes. I had the Jerk Chicken, the Curry Chicken, and the beans and rice. They were all really flavorful and aromatic. The Jerk seasoning was just the right amount of heat and didn't leave you crying - same for the Curry. Brandon had the appetizer sampler which came with 5 options and the plantains and sticky citrus chicken were particularly tasty and the "spicy" shrimp lived up to it's name.

This place is in the middle of a strip shopping center, nothing too exciting in a somewhat rundown part of town but that MIGHT be why the prices were so good! :) I would definitely recommend you try it. The service was good and friendly (including the random Transformers movie reference and story telling moment by our waiter) and the atmosphere nice with an island theme and Rasta music.

No comments:

Post a Comment