Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Well... sorry about that April...

So I missed the month of April! I'm not sure what happened except I guess being in Orlando, Boston, and DC within a month kept me running a little ragged. :) All the trips were for work but I was lucky and able to add a few days to Boston to do some sight seeing and touring the town. I just got back from Jazz Fest in New Orleans for the 3rd year in a row and it was great as always. I really love that town! I'm in a musical overload and it's just continuing...


I don't know if things are just aligning that it's all coming at once or maybe I'm filling time with stuff... I just know I'm along for the ride right now with fun stuff coming up - as long as I can hang in for the long run.

Friday night - Rangers Game (first of the season for me :) / BBQ with friends
Saturday - graduation/pool party - painting with a twist party with friends
Monday - Josh Grobin!! (you lift me UPPP)
Tuesday - Bruno Mars (I hear he'll catch a grenade for me)
Wednesday - Rock of Ages Broadway show
Friday night/Saturday is a conference at the Village
I may need a nap... haha




Back on the fitness routine - got a bike I'm riding at night in my neighborhood once the sun has gone down but don't worry - I have good lighting (safety first). Also bought a treadmill. The awesome Brandon S. helped me pick it up and bring it home and the awesome David W. worked his mechanical magic assembling it. SOOO thankful for guy friends! :) I've decided that running/the cardio is the biggest thing in the fitness - loose the pound challenge I've given myself. A friend is talking me into the Vibram Five Finger shoes... I don't know, they make me nervous! What do you think?

Also working on the reading of quality plan. Picked up 3 books in New Orleans at this cool little book shop in the French Quarter - the biography of Charles Lindbergh (you know you want to know more), a book about the great flood from Ham's wife's perspective, and a book called 1,000 white woman that is going to be awesome. It's based on a true story but with a twist of fiction - the best kind! Back in the 1870's the Cheyenne nation met with the US President and proposed a way to end hostility between the nations. He asked the US to give him 1,000 white woman to marry to Cheyenne braves.

The Cheyenne have a matriarchal society so the children would be tied into the mother's family and better assimilate the cultures. Well in real life the President said no. This might work for the Cheyenne and let's say Cherokee but not for the white man and so called savages. In this book - what if he had said yes?? Looking forward to this - I'll keep you posted. :)


Last weekend was mother's day - sent flowers to the #1 mom from me and the bro and sister-in-law. It's definitely not enough to show our appreciation but I hear she liked them :) They had peonies in them (my new favorite flower) combined with yellow roses (her favorite flowers) plus some other good ones. Yeah for mom's :)



Life is crazy busy but good. Very happy, a little tired. :) Stay tuned for more later...

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment